Snag x akt
At Snag we believe passionately that everybody deserves love and acceptance. Sadly we don't always get what we deserve in this world, and especially for young people it can be a huge struggle to find the acceptance they need.
So to celebrate Global Pride day we've teamed up with akt, an amazing charity who help LGBTQ+ young people living in hostile environments.
We always planned on bringing you the greatest pride tights ever, but this is also an opportunity to do some good and support a charity that's working hard to keep our LGBTQ+ youth safe. We'll be donating £1 to akt for every pair of Rainbow Fishnets we sell. Have a look below to find out more about what they do and how you can help support their work further!
akt supports LGBTQ+ young people aged 16-25 who are experiencing homelessness or living in a hostile environment.
They help them find safe homes and support with things like employment, education and training in an environment that celebrates LGBTQ+ identities.
Take a peak at some of their incredible services:
- One-to-one support from their trained mentors
- Access to their emergency support pack or tenancy starter pack
- Accommodation with a trained akt host or their Purple Door accommodation service
- A safe place with one of their many housing provider partners
- Access to life skills training, events and peer support
How you can help more?
1. Volunteer: You can sign up to be a volunteer on their website. This can be anything from putting a poster up in your local newsagent to hosting someone in need in your own home. Whatever works for you. (The majority of their volunteer work is face-to-face so has been paused, but they'll reach out to you when it's safe to do so!)
2. Donate: One of the best ways to help right now is to donate via the button below. Your donation will help to run a live chat service to help young people when they need support, a mentorship programme and even help others gain access to food and safe accommodation quickly.